Is this the easiest wardrobe refashion ever?

Reworking a Cotton Blouse from the Closet

I've had this cotton Liz Claiborne blouse for a while, and though it was too big and boxy, and i hated the hawaiian-style print that the collar was faced with, I tried reworking it this week. The actual blouse is made of a batik-printed cotton lawn that's super soft and pretty, so I didn't want to let it go! And now, I'm really pleased with the results! I will definitely get more use out of the blouse.

  Wild collar   Baggy blouse

I took in about 1.5 inches on each side seam, shaped the seam a bit, and I shaped the back with a set of darts. I then added a new facing on the interior collar to cover the louder fabric. Now, it also has a little more body (the fabric is cotton lawn--very thin), and a little more edge, I think. :) If you look closely, you can see that the new fabric is a black-and-white print of cute little skulls. Not very Liz, but much more ME.

Fitted and recollared I was really surprised by how easy it was to hand-sew the facing into place--with really great-looking results! I am now ready to wear it to work--it's not too fitted to look obscene, but I could now tuck it in or leave it untucked with ease.

And in related, WR news, as I was surfing the racks at the local Salvation Army shop this week, I came away with 4 new pairs of pants--Land's End khakis, J. Jill blue-gray khakis, Chaus cropped-and-cuffed dress slacks, and Tommy Hilfiger pinstriped cotton chinos--for $20.71.

In addition to the four pairs of nearly-new pants, I also left with a half-dozen vintage patterns and a few antique photos. For 20 bucks, I was elated! And now, I have pants that fit--mine are growing too big to tailor, and only one of the four pairs needs hemmed, which makes my short, lazy ass very happy!