i have been doing something, which is better than nothing. this is a wearable muslin of the weekend sewing summer blouse, in progress. i didn't have enough material to do the full sleeves but am otherwise OK with this . . . now it's just a matter of figuring out how to give it a little more shape and then hemming the bottom (you can see possible hems creased in the bottom). i had thought of trying to do some sort of drawstring on the bottom but it's shorter than i thought it would be. so i think i might have to bite the bullet and add some sort of vertical darts. i've never drawn darts before and i can barely sew the ones already marked for me, so this will be a challenge. on the plus side, i did figure out that i can maximize what length i have if I make some more bias tape and use that on the bottom edge, and i have more of the sheet i was using for the bias and placket, so that's what i'll do.
already i'm thinking to a) make one with a smaller placket and b) try the placket again, but fill it with little hooks and eyes. that could be kind of fun. i do like how it fits in the shoulders and it's roomy enough for my bust, so it's definitely going to be made again. i just have to figure out the darts first, lest this "muslin" become yet another UFO. no more UFOs!