So I signed up for my wardrobe refashion pledge around the end of October, which means for a whole month I haven't bought anything new...so I've been making some things to fill the void!
The red skirt was originally a giant shirt dress, very 90's looking - I wish I took a before pic but I was too keen to get cutting! The idea was based on this skirt and this pattern, I just cut the length I wanted using the existing buttons down the front, took it in, added a few small pleats in both sides at the front and back and attached a waistband (just measured my waist, added an inch and hoped for the best!)
I've also learnt that I'm not good at posing for photos!
...the second floral skirt is a gathered skirt made from a bedsheet! both the red dress and the sheet came from one of my frequently visited op shops, and the sheet had a great edging of little painted yellow flowers so I just used that as the hem!
The slightly blurry photo is from me trying to show off the 'swirl ability' of the skirt haha
Check out my blog for more pics, details and other lovely things!
- On another note, thanks to Nikki for all her hard work - I feel very lucky to make it into the last intake of refashioners after having looked through the blog for so long.