I have been making these for awhile and they do pretty well at craft fairs, this is my first time having my work in a store (granted a store owned by a friend, but a friend with a good eye) I'm a bit nervous about having my work out of my sight, and a little sad that I won't meet the buyers. That's my favorite part of selling things. But, time to step up my game.....there's another pic on my page and a link to their new home.
I took part in a challenge which aim was to make a Valentine's day skirt. I wanted something I could wear at work. I had made this plain red skirt a couple of years ago. I found a navy blue elastic and just added it. I'm pretty pleased with the result !
1. carefully cut off waistband (save to use as belt!)
2. remove zipper (centre back zip) then sew the opening down each side where zipper used to be
3. unpick sides from the top down to where your armpit will be overlock raw edges then sew armholes
4. overlock the top edge front & back & hem (wide enough for ribbon to pass through)
5. thread ribbon through all top edges & try on to get desired gathers & knot ribbon in place
6. button the waistband back around your waist & you're done =)
I made the polka dot one to give away...but here is one I made awhile back using a thrifted sheer skirt. I also sewed a lace trim top the waistband/belt to give to a more finished look. If the waistband doesn't fit you can use a belt or scarf around your waist or your hips for a different look. The lighter the fabric the better this works:
I recently organised a whole heap of my friends to contribute to a massive Baby Shower Hamper for one of my lovely friends who is having her baby tomorrow. I wanted to try and make some booties from a leather jacket and I am super impressed with how they turned out... You can see more photos on my BLOG.
I also had some chenille and jersey knit and made this tie up sleeping pod. For more photos check out my BLOG.