I got given this skirt a few years ago and loved it instantly. It was too big so I just sewed it straight up one side to take it in. Then last year the zip broke. I unpicked it and the zip seemed fine. It must have just caught on something. I thought I would put the zip back in at some point so off the skirt went to the waiting pile. During one of my material sort outs I found it again and had the idea of making it into a dress using the gap where the zip was as the neckline. Great idea but needed some help to pin it as I haven't a dressmaker's dummy. So off it went to the ideas pile until my other half has a free moment. Well that moment arrived folks and here we have it. The straps are made from an old belt and all i did was sewed them in place, pinched the sides in under the arms to make it lay flat and sewed down the sides a little way to shape it. Currently it's cinched in empire line style under my bust with a ribbon, I may eventually run a line of shirring to do the same thing.