I finally got around to finishing my Elisalex dress a few nights ago. It has been sitting in my sewing room waiting to have the lining sewn in for some time. Why did I wait for so long? Well, I kind of lost the love for this dress. So. many. alterations. Too many really and after all that it still doesn't fit right.
I went up a size in the bodice, made a bust adjustment and removed an inch from either side of the back neckline where it gaped. I added an inch to the neckline at the shoulders and shortened the skirt by another 6 inches. It feels weird under the arms and the skirt is too poofy for my liking. I could make more adjustments but I'm really over it and I don't feel comfortable in it.
I've seen numerous Elisalex dresses online that have worked out beautifully so I'll just admire those and chalk this up as being a thumbs down for me.
At least it looks nice hanging up in my sewing room!