A happy belated New Year to you all! I hope your Christmas was merry and bright! I've managed to have a wonderful break over the festive period, taking it slow and enjoying time with my family and friends. I've had some time to reflect on the year that has passed which has been a good one for me, it was a year of learning, planning and change.
This time last year i set myself a few goals which were to take a photo a day, keep a notebook, be more organised and get fit. Did i manage any of them? I didn't manage a photo a day but i did take a lot, my notebook was more business related than sewing, i worked on getting more organised and although i may not be super fit i am fitter than i was at the beginning of the year.
What happened in 2012:
- I studied at The School for Social Entrepreneurs where i had the pleasure of learning with an amazing group of people wanting to make a change in the world.
- I researched, planned and planned some more for Handmaker's Factory (more on that soon).
- We decided in September to send Mia and Esme to school after homeschooling from the beginning. This turned out to be a wonderful decision for us all at just the right time in our lives.
- Kev started a new job after staying home with the kids for quite some time.
- I joined the gym which i'm really enjoying, i'm particularly loving body pump and spin.
- I blogged sporadically. I realise blogging wasn't a priority for me in 2012 and i'm ok with that.
- I read the Earth's Children series (finishing the last book now) and have loved it.
Plans for 2013:
- I will leave my job at Tessuti (the week after next to be exact). Working there for almost 4 years has been a wonderful experience and i'll be sad to go but it's time to move on.
- I will launch the first stage of Handmaker's Factory and i have someone awesome working alongside me.
- My little Heidi Boo will start school! I can't quite believe it but that kid is so ready and oh so excited. Her teacher is in for a treat :)
- I will continue to look after myself by exercising more in the gym, riding my bike to and from my new place of work (HMF) and eating well.
- I will make an effort to spend more quality time with quality friends.
- We will have more family holidays.
- I will make time to be here more often.
For now i'm going to take it slow and enjoy the rest of the summer holidays before the kids go back to school and daily life kicks in. 2013 is going to be a good year!
How was 2012 for you? What are your plans for 2013?