Esme and mia have requested capes and i did find a cute kids cape in a Burda Style magazine but it didn't seem right, it was lined, it didn't have a hood, it had welt slits for the arms, cute but not quite what i was looking for. Then i had the idea of reducing the size of the New York cape pattern.
I reduced it on the photocopier to 78% (i was guessing big style) and it was the perfect size.
And because i've made three of these previously this one took no time at all to sew up.
Pattern: Tessuti New York cape
Fabric: 1.1m of Winter Hinterland from Tessuti (i probably only needed 1m)
Notions: 3.7m Mokuba wool binding, 5m poly/cotton binding for the inside seams, buttons from my stash.
I didn't add buttons to the sides because i was one short and told Esme i would get one and add them later but she said she likes it loose. I'll see how she goes and maybe add them later.
I'm very pleased how this turned out and Esme is too. Mia is waiting not so patiently for hers.