Life has been a little busy lately, so busy that i've had little time to fit in any sewing. The Easter weekend fixed that though, i spent all of Good Friday and most of Easter Saturday and Sunday sewing in my pj's...pure bliss!
My first finished project was the Wiksten Tova. I've had my eye on this pattern for a while but it was quite pricey. Luckily it's now available as a download for $10!
Pattern: Wiksten Tova
Fabric: Liberty Lantana Ayse Red from the stash
Other info:I made a medium which fits..just. It's a little snug across the bust and i'm considering making the large next time. The length is in-between the top and the tunic, i wanted it longer but was limited by the amount of fabric i had. The only other change i made was to bind the neck edge rather than having the collar (On Colette's recommendation). The collar sticks out rather than standing up straight which could be fixed by curving the pattern piece a little more but binding works just as nicely and it mirrors the binding at the cuffs.
Then on Monday i sewed up an extra small version of the Tova for a wonderful young lady (who is the daughter of this wonderful lady).
Pattern: Same as above
Fabric: Japanese cotton from the stash
Other info: I made the extra small. Maybelle is 10 and this will be on the large side but this means it will last longer (better too big than too small i say!). I added a few buttons and bound the neck edge instead ofthe collar. The length is top length but will be more dress length on Maybelle.
This is a fantastic pattern! I'll be making more for myself (in this linen/tencel fabric next) and my girls have taken a fancy to it too but i'll need to grade the pattern down for them.